Is ADA Compliance Good for SEO
As an established web designer developer and SEO, we know how essential designing websites that are accessible to ALL users is. One crucial aspect of website accessibility is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
In this blog post, we’ll explore why including ADA standards in your website design is not only essential for your website’s user accessibility but also good for your website’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and how ExcitedEYE Web Services can help you achieve it.
What is ADA Compliance?
The Americans with Disabilities Act was enacted in 1990 to ensure that people with disabilities have equal access to public accommodations, including websites.
ADA compliance for websites involves making sure that people with disabilities, such as visual or hearing impairments, can access and navigate your website effectively.
Why is Compliance Important for SEO?
In addition to the benefits of legal compliance, inclusivity, and user experience, ADA compliance can also have a positive impact on your website’s SEO.
Here are a few of the ways ADA Conformity can affect your website’s SEO:
- Improved User Experience. Search engines like Google prioritize websites that offer a positive user experience. Including ADA standards in your website can improve the user experience for all users, not just those with disabilities. An accessible website has much easier navigation, faster loading times, and is more user-friendly overall. Resulting in higher search engine rankings.
- Enhanced Accessibility for Search Engine Crawlers. Search engine crawlers rely on website accessibility to index and rank websites. If your website is inaccessible to people with disabilities, it’s likely inaccessible to search engine crawlers as well, which can result in lower search engine rankings. ADA compliance can enhance accessibility for both users and search engine crawlers.
- Reduced Bounce Rates. Websites that are inaccessible to people with disabilities may have higher bounce rates, which can negatively impact SEO. Bounce rates refer to the percentage of users who leave your website after viewing only one page. An accessible website that’s easy to navigate can reduce bounce rates and increase user engagement, which can improve search engine rankings.
How to Achieve ADA Compliance
Achieving ADA website conformity is a somewhat complex process. Although there are several low-hanging fruits that can have near immediate improvement.
Here are several key steps that you can take that will have quick effects on your SEO marketing efforts:
- Use Alt Text. The alt text describes the content of images and is essential for people with visual impairments who rely on screen readers to navigate the web.
- Provide Transcripts and Captions. Videos and audio content should have transcripts or captions to make them accessible to people with hearing impairments.
- Ensure Keyboard Accessibility. People with motor impairments may use a keyboard instead of a mouse to navigate your website. Make sure that your website is fully navigable using only a keyboard.
- Use Descriptive Link Text. Use descriptive link text that accurately describes the destination of the link, rather than generic phrases like “click here”.
Our ADA Compliance Services
At our Colorado-based web design and SEO company, we offer comprehensive ADA website compliance services. These ADA SEO services will make your website accessible to ALL users and include a NICE boost to your SEO tactics.
Our ADA Compliance SEO services include:
- ADA Compliance Audit. We’ll conduct a thorough audit of your website to identify any accessibility issues and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Accessibility Testing. We’ll test your website using assistive technologies such as screen readers to ensure that it’s fully accessible to people with disabilities.
- ADA Compliance Implementation. We’ll implement the necessary changes to make your website fully ADA-compliant, including adding alt text, captions, and keyboard accessibility.
Achieve Compliance and Boost Your SEO
To conclude, achieving ADA website compliance is not only essential for legal compliance on government sites, inclusivity, and user experience but also good for your website’s SEO. At our Colorado-based web design and SEO company, we have the knowledge and experience to help you make your website accessible to all users and improve your SEO.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.